I saw this over on another blog (I’m sorry, I can’t find where I found this!) and I thought it would be fun to do so here it goes!
Me: What is the name of my blog?
Ky: “Busy Sweet Life”
Me: What do I typically write about?
Me: What’s a popular fashion item for women right now?
Me: What’s the best place to shop for women?
Ky: “Victoria’s Secret!”
Me: What do you know about Pinterest?
Ky: “That you can post stuff there that you are interested in. It’s like StumbleUpon.”
Me: What’s a Hunter wellie?
Ky: “They’re rain boots…! I knew that!” (As he is looking it up on the internet)
Me: What does YOLO stand for?
Ky: “Oh come on, you know what YOLO stands for. Your outrageously large oreos! Hahaha. JK.”
Me: What is our favorite thing to do together?
Ky: “Hockey! Gamble…No that’s not mutual”
Me: What does a perfect evening look like to me?
Ky: “Back massage!” (as he laughs)
Me: What do women keep in their purse?
Ky: “A convenience store.”
Me: What do I do when I’m home alone?
Ky: “Watch your youtube videos! That’s what you do!”
Me: And what do you do when you’re home alone?
Ky: “I’m never home alone, or when I am I’m sleeping”
Me: What’s my favorite accessory?
Ky: “Your bingo dobbers”
Me: What’s an acceptable amount to spend on a makeup item?
Ky: “$10 bucks! hahaha…I would say $40. But how often though?!” (oh he knows makeup costs a lot! hahaha..)
Me: What is your favorite trait about me, not physical?
Ky: “Butt! haha…I like when you get angry towards other people”
Me: What’s my favorite TV show?
Ky: “One Tree Hill.” (That’s one of them! The other is Big Brother!)
Me: What is my cocktail of choice?
Ky: “A fuzzy!” (He means a fuzzy naval. Yum!)
Me: Anything else you’d like to say?
Ky: You need to stop stressing out all the time!
I hope you enjoyed that! It was fun!
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Millennial Central for Kirin. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. All opinions are my own.
Today I wanted to share with you a delicious recipe and an adult beverage to go with it! I had the opportunity to try out 2 different beers by Kirin and decided to make a Japanese inspired dinner as well!
We decided to pair our Kirin beer with Maki Sushi Rolls. These two complimented each other perfectly. The mild sweetness of the Kirin beer was able to tone down the taste of the dry seaweed in the sushi rolls without compromising the taste of the dish.
Maki Sushi Rolls
- 10-12 sheets toasted nori (seaweed)
- 1 1/2 cups sushi rice = 3 cups cooked sushi rice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 table spoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- fresh basil, stems removed
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise
- carrots, thinly sliced
- Japanese kaiware sprouts
- Japanese umeboshi plums, seeds
- daikon pickles
- Imitation crabmeat pieces or sticks
- smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- smoked tofu, thinly sliced
- Furikake (Japanese Mrs. Dash)
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Sriracha hot sauce
- Reduced-sodium soy sauce, for dipping
- Ponzu Sauce, for dipping
- 1) Make your sushi rice. Prepare and cooke the sushi rice as directed on the package. Roughly 2 parts grain, 1 part water ratio. Cool the rice slightly while preparing your sushi vinegar.
- 2) In a medium mixing bowl, add the sushi vinegar ingredients. Whisk well to dissolve all the sugar and salt.
- 3) Transfer your slightly-cooled sushi rice into a large bowl. Using a rice paddle and a small paper fan, fan the sushi rice as you slowly drizzle the sushi vinegar over the rice. Cut the sushi rice with the rice paddle as you fan the rice to cool at the same time. Be sure not to mix the rice. Simply cut through the rice until all of the sushi vinegar is absorbed.
- 1) Roll you sushi while the rice is still warm. Prep a clean work surface, like a clean cutting board or a clean countertop.
- 2) Lay down your bamboo mat on your work surface. Place the nori on top of the bamboo mat, shiny side down.
- 3) Using your rice paddle, spread a layer of approximately 1/2 cup sushi rice in the middle of the nori sheet. At the bottom of the sushi roll, closest to you, add your choice of fillers, proteins, and seasonings in a horizontal line. Tightly roll from the bottom up into a long maki roll. Gently squeeze the bamboo mat to tighten your roll.
- 4) To cut, remove your bamboo mat, and cut your roll in half. (Wipe off your knife with your towel in between slicing.) Next, line up your two halves and cut into fourths and sixths. Repeat until all the sushi rice is used. Serve immediately.
- 5) Dip in your choice of sauces, or just enjoy as is!
♥ Busy Sweet Life ♥ http://busysweetlife.com/
We have never heard of Kirin beer before trying it out the other day so it was great to try something new! This beer has a light golden color to it. It is not a heavy beer so it is a great beer to eat with! Definitely something to look for when picking out beer for dinner!
Being one of the oldest breweries in Japan, Kirin is a brand well known around the world for its beer and their first-press brewing process. This brewing process creates a pure, clean taste for people to enjoy as they are drinking Kirin beer.
Kirin offers three type of beer in the U.S.:
Kirin Ichiban: A 100% malt, first press beer (Known for it’s brewing process!)
Kirin Light: Only 95 calories and pairs well with healthier dishes
Kirin Ichiban Frozen: Draught beer topped with frozen Kirin Ichiban (available at select U.S. locations)
One of the things that I found to be pretty neat was that the “Kirin” identity refers to the mythical Kirin Beast from ancient Asian mythology. It is considered a good omen and is a symbol of well-being and good fortune. Another is that Kirin has partnered up with celebrity chef, Candice Kumai, to bring Japanese-style beer to the growing Asian cuisine movement. Check out Kirin’s facebook page throughout the year to find recipes and pairing tips that Candice Kumai wil be posting.
If you are up to trying out Kirin Ichiban & Kirin Ichiban Light, plan a Japanese inspired dinner with the Maki Sushi Rolls or try other recipes like, Japanese Chicken & Yakisoba Noodles or Homemade Gyoza’s (potstickers). Make sure you participate in some of these Japanese drinking traditions while dining with friends and family:
- Always drink your Kirin from a glass.
- Never fill your own glass and you should never let another’s glass get completely empty!
- Before taking your first sips of Kirin, make sure everyone else has been served!
- When everyone is ready to drink, salute by saying “Kanpai”.
Have you heard of or tried Kirin beer before? What did you think of it? If you haven’t, check out Kirin beer on Facebook and their website!
If you didn’t already know…I am a dog groomer. My job isn’t glamorous at all! I don’t have to dress up or put on make-up, but I still want to look good in a natural way. For work and for those days I want to create a natural look, I only put on a few products.
Today I wanted to talk about how I achieve natural looking eyes. Typically I will only put on mascara. I have two different mascaras for different looks.
The first – all natural – I reach for my Covergirl lashblast fusion mascara in brown (purple tube). I love reaching for this mascara when I want it to look like I am not wearing any make-up at all. The brown of the mascara matches my lashes so it only builds up my lashes a little bit while keeping them separated. It is just enough to make them look good while still keeping them natural looking.
The second – noticeable natural – I reach for my Neutrogena health volume mascara in black. When I use this mascara, it separates my lashes and adds a little color to them. It makes them look a little more bold while still looking natural.
Neither of these mascaras are clumping and I love how they make my lashes look! If you don’t have a mascara that gives you natural looking lashes, I definitely recommend these two! If you do, which one do you use? How do you make your eyes look natural?
5 Things I am currently loving:
NCAA Hockey Tournament
My Space Heater
5 Thing I am Currently Missing:
Dairy Queen Walks
I have only posted one other blog post about my current job and it wasn’t exactly the best post to create a positive first impression about the dog grooming profession. (Check it out here if you haven’t read it)
I absolutely love my job no matter what happens on a day to day basis, but I wanted to show you the type of moments that make all of the not so pretty aspects of the job worth it! Last Friday I was waiting for my last dog to come in so that I could finish him and get going. When I went out to our lobby to check the dog in, this is what I walked out to….
This is Jax. He is a Shih-Tzu mix. As you can see in this picture, he was completely matted from head to tail to toe. My immediate response to seeing him was “oh my you are a fluffy dog!” I never try to offend the owner for the state their dogs may be in so it was really hard to not sound like…”holy shit. what the hell happened?” I had to explain to the owner that Jax would have to be completely shaved everywhere because of how matted he was. I wish you could feel him at this point. His hair was in huge clumps that were hard and very close to his skin. I felt so sorry for this dog, but it made me incredibly happy that I was able to groom him. After about 1-1.5 hours of shaving him down this was in progress result…
Yes, that IS all of the matted hair that was on Jax. Look how teeny he is! It was like I took two extra dogs off of him. The hair on his sides and back came off in one piece as I shaved it off. His ears were also matted to his neck; so the hair on his head, neck, and ears also came off in one piece. At this point I am happy to say that he didn’t have any sores on his body from being matted. He was such a happy little boy and an absolute sweetheart! Now it was time for him to get a bath and get all cleaned up! Here is the final result….!
It is times like this when I can take a dog that severely needs to be groomed and make them feel 100 times better. You could tell a difference in his personality from before and after his groom and you could tell that he was a lot happier! Dog grooming can be a trying job, but the results you get from grooming them makes all of the hard work worth it…times a million! This is actually not the worst I have seen a dog, but it is definitely one of the worst.
What is the most rewarding part of your job?
So it is about that time of year when high school juniors and seniors are starting to look for their prom wear and planning out how their evening will take place. How does this affect me when I am about 7 years out of high school you ask? Well, I have a younger sister that is a junior this year and we have recently started looking around to find her a prom dress!
Like most girls, including myself, she is being extremely picky about what she wants to wear! One of the biggest things teenage girls seem to worry about is not wearing the same dress as someone else. That is like the ONE thing that is worse than everything else. And with that concern, has begun the longgg journey of looking at every online site we can find as well as checking out all of the stores around us that carry prom dresses.
I remember shopping for my own prom dresses back when I was in high school and I knew that I wanted to order mine online. There were so many more dresses to choose from compared to what our town has to offer. She is trying to find a gorgeous, flattering dress that won’t break the bank! We have looked at many dresses online and I wanted to share some dresses that my sister has found to add to her ‘maybe list’. If you know anyone that is searching for an affordable prom dress definitely tell them to check out JenJenHouse!
This dress is simple but gorgeous! We love the sequins and the color of the dress!
Hot Pink! YES PLEASE! This dress is da bomb! The flowy skirt can be taken off and the dress can be worn as a fitted mini dress. We thought that is great for when you want to start dancing the night away!
This dress is absolutely STUNNING! It does look an awful lot like a wedding-ish dress in white but you can choose from many colors! This is the perfect dress if you are looking for something elegant!
This dress, like the rest, is also gorgeous! This is a one strap dress that I actually think works and doesn’t look awkward!
Where did you get your prom dress? Are you helping anyone look for their prom wear?
Today I wanted to give you a peek at my huge beauty haul! I am not going to go too into detail because I want to do reviews later, but hopefully this will get you excited about upcoming reviews! Let’s get to it! *All products were bought with my own money*
The first place I bought from was Hautelook! I LOVE Hautelook! It is a website that has flash sales on all sorts of products! LORAC was on sale not too long ago and I HAD to get me some! This is what I got!
- Ready, Set, Splash Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil Collection – FACE self TANtalizer – Couture Shine Liquid Lipstick in Haute – TANtalizer Award Show GLOW Firming Body Bronzing Mousse – Mint Edition Collection – Little Lace Palette in Ravish -
The next place I ordered from was NYX! I don’t have a store close to me (the nearest Ulta is 1 hr away) so if I want NYX products I usually order them. I have been loving NYX lip products so I went on a lippie haul when all of their lip products were 40% off!
- 1 Matte Lipstick – 2 Glam Aqua Luxe Lipsticks – 3 Soft Matte Lip Creams – 4 Mega Shine Lip Glosses – 4 Butter Lipsticks – 1 Jumbo Lip Pencil – 1 Lip Primer -
The rest of my haul is from CVS, Target, and Victoria’s Secret!
- Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder – Maybelline Baby Skin – 2 Wet N Wild Lipsticks – 4 Milani Lipsticks – Victoria’s Secret Pure Seduction Bloom Fragrance Mist – Victoria’s Secret Strawberries & Champagne Ultra-Moisturizing Hand and Body Cream -
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser and Daily Moisturizer -
- Huge Make-up bag for upcoming travels -
I know it was a lot of stuff but I hope you enjoyed it! I am looking forward to doing some reviews in the future! What beauty products have you purchased lately?
Before I get in to telling you what was in my bag this month, let me just say that this bag seriously blew me away! It is pretty much the perfect bag of beauty products for Valentine’s Day.
I received 3 full-sized products and 2 very generous deluxe size samples! Let’s get to it! Oh, and it came in a cute pink make-up bag that has a white zipper!
1. IPKN NewYork Moist & Firm BB Cream (Deluxe Sample): I haven’t had too much luck with BB Creams in the past but I am still excited to try it out on my face. It is in the color 02 Light and it has SPF 45 which is very good! On the package it also says “Brightening & Wrinkle Care”. I guess I will know more about it after I try it out!
2. POP Beauty Plump Pout Mini (Mini/Half-Size – $8.00): This is a beautiful pink/mauve color called Peony Petal and it feels really nice on the lips! I also love the packaging! It is sleek with a clear base and a matte black lid that is similar to NARS packaging.
3. City Color Be Matte Blush (Full-size – $2.99): Oh man do I LOVE this blush! Mine is in the color Fresh Melon and it is a very pink/slightly orange color! This a very affordable brand and this line of blush is only $2.99 per blush! The color is very pigmented so a little goes a long way and it is also long-lasting! Like the name says, it is a matte blush and is velvety to the touch. In my opinion, I think this blush is a steal! I want to get all the color and try out other products from this brand!
4. ZOYA Nail Polish (Full-Size – $9): Let me tell you…I was SO excited to see a ZOYA nail polish in my bag. I haven’t tried this brand yet and have been wanting to for a LONNNG time! I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet but I will be doing a post on it later once I do! The color I received is called “Dot”. Is a very beautiful light pink! Perfect for spring!
5. Tini Beauty Eyetini Cordial Cream Shadow + Base In One (Full-Size – $18): When I saw this product I instantly knew it was going to be a cream shadow! The color is received is called “Ambrosia”. It is shimmery plummy mauve color and it is gorgeous! It is VERY pigmented and very creamy/moist. You can either wear it bold or you can blend it out and where it thin!
Like I said before. This bag BLEW ME AWAY! It was such an amazing IPSY bag…I think it put Birchbox to shame this month. This bag was worth at least $37.99 and I only paid $10 for it! I couldn’t be more happier about it!
Do you get IPSY? What did you get in your bag this month?
Interested in IPSY? Click Here
Interested in purchasing these products? Check them out on my Luvocracy!
Okay, I don’t know if it is just me but I find that I don’t have the time to go and check Bloglovin’ everyday to look at all the blogs I follow. Let’s be honest…I find it a little overwhelming to even go on Bloglovin’! I know a lot of people use it and love it, but I just haven’t been able to get the hang of it or something. It just isn’t working for me at all! It’s definitely an awesome tool for bloggers to have to measure their followers and for others to be able to read, but it is definitely not my preference for keeping up-to-date with other blogs!
I check my email religiously throughout the day and I have found that this is the easiest way for me to keep up with all of my favorite blogs! I love getting new posts in my inbox and I will keep them there until I comment on them! I always make sure I give them some lovin’! If I find a blog I love I immediately look for a “Subscribe by e-mail” section. Unfortunately not all blogs have this. I believe that it is a good option to have for your readers! I personally use feedburner and I know that a lot of other bloggers do too for their blogs. If you don’t currently have the option for people to subscribe via e-mail then I would recommend that you look into providing it for your readers! For me, if a blog doesn’t have it as an option and I really love the blog, I will bookmark it..but even then..it just gets lost in my bookmark tab. I tend to not read blogs that don’t come to my e-mail. It’s horrible, I know, but it is such a convenience for me to have them in my inbox, a place I am at a bajillion times a day! So, I apologize in advance if I never comment on your blog! That is more than likely the reason why I don’t! Heck and if you have the option to follow by e-mail then let me know!
How do you prefer to follow blogs? Does anyone have any tips for getting use to using Bloglovin’ without getting that overwhelming feeling?
For February’s box I received 5 items in my Birchbox! I think that this month was an okay month. There was one product that I was really excited to get and the others will be neat products to try out!
1. The product I was most excited about getting was a sample of the Juicy Couture – Couture La La Malibu perfume. I have been dying to try out this product since I first heard about it so getting it in my Birchbox was a blessing! I absolutely love the smell of it and will definitely be purchasing a full-size bottle! It is a SoCal-inspired scent that “mingles sparkling mandarin with pink sugar.” If you love the other Juicy Couture perfumes you HAVE to try this one out!
2. Next is a nail polish sample! I absolutely love getting nail polish in beauty sample boxes. This specific nail polish is by the brand Ruby Wing. It is a color changing nail polish that changes colors in the sun! This will definitely be neat to try. I have never used a color changing polish before to I can’t wait to try it out when it gets sunnier out! The color I received is called Kitten Heels. It is a hot fuchsia color that changes to a deep magenta out in the sun.
3. I have really into trying out pore fillers/minimizers etc. lately so I liked that I received this next product. It is the Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner. It claims to minimizes pores and absorb oil for a photo-ready matte finish. This specific product is for those that have oily/combination skin. Since the whole oil/combinations skin, pore minimizing, and oil absorbing properties really appeal to my skin, this will be a great product to test out too.
4. These next two products I wasn’t really excited about at all. The first one is by Beauty Protector. It is an oil for your hair that is supposed to defend against UV rays, heat, and breakage. While all of the claims are great, I hesitate to put oil in my hair because my hair gets oily reallllly fast. I will definitely try it out and give it a go, but hopefully it doesn’t make me look like a grease ball!
5. The last thing in my box was to foil packets of 32 Oral Care – Effervescent Breath Crystals with IsoVoxy. They are breath freshening crystals that attack unpleasant odors for a cool, clean feeling. Bad breath is obviously a bad thing so this is definitely worth trying after eating something with garlic in it, but I wasn’t excited at all to get this product. There were two different flavors in my box: Honey Mint and Peppermint.
If you are subscribed to Birchbox let me know what you received! Have any of you tried any of these products? What did you think?
Want to purchase these items? Check them out on my Luvocracy!