February Samples Used:
- Amika Sea Buckthorn Berry Nourishing Hair Mask – This hair mask is amazing! I absolutely love the smell of it and the way it makes my hair feel. I was able to get two uses out of this sample and used the mask in place of conditioner to see how it would work out. After getting out of the shower I typically use It’s a 10 detangling spray but didn’t have to when I used this mask. I really want to get the full-size of this product but will be waiting until all of my hair masks are used up.
- Jergens Daily Moisture Moisturizer – This sample was a one time use sample and it only covered my legs. I did like the lotion overall. I’m one of those people that does not like lotion if it is sticky and this lotion wasn’t bad. I would definitely consider buying a full-size, after I get through my millions of lotions!
- Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer (Medium to Tan) – This sample was a 3-day packet sample. You are supposed to use one per day and watch your ‘tan’ gradually get darker. Well, considering this sample was for medium to tan skin tones and I am pretty white I only used the first packet and my sister used the other two. For the most part I liked the color that it gave me but because it was so much darker than my skin it started to look streaky as the ‘tan’ went away and had a slight orange tint. I definitely recommend going with what your actual skin tone is. There are two things that I don’t like about it: the smell and it takes a long time to dry on your skin.
- Caswell-Massey Almond & Aloe Hand & Body Emulsion – This sample was just a foil packet and it was enough for my back and shoulders. Honestly, I liked the almond smell of the lotion as I smelled it out of the packet but as soon as it was on my body it smelled like an old dusty attic that smelled of moth balls. It really grossed me out and this is one product that I definitely won’t be purchasing. The lotion itself wasn’t bad. It did moisturize my skin but I just couldn’t get over the smell.
- Alessandro Pedix Feet Heel Rescue Balm – I didn’t exactly get through this entire deluxe sample. My dog got a hold of it and chewed it up. This is a legit excuse too. There was balm all over the place. I wasn’t a happy momma! I really did like this foot balm though. I get really dry skin during the winter months and it helped to keep them moisturized!
- Eucerin Everyday Protection Body Lotion – This was another foil packet sample that I used for my back and arms. This one didn’t seem to dry as quickly as the Jergens moisturizer so I would probably choose that one over this one.
- No. 7 Protect & Perfect Advanced Serum – This was a foil packet sample but it lasted for about a week. First things first…I do not like how it smells. This is quite a turnoff for me since it goes on my face. I will say though that I liked how it made my skin feel. If you have ever used benefits porefessional, it feels like that going on your skin but its not as thick. I am pretty sure I have another bigger sample around here and maybe even a full-size of it so I’ll have to decide what I am going to do with them.
- Argan Oil from Morocco Intense Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment – This sample was more of a deluxe foil packet. I was able to get 4-5 uses out of it and I have really long hair. This hair mask smells like a creamcicle. It smells really yummy. It did make my hair feel really nice and I liked using it! I know you can get these packets at Walmart for $1.97 or something like that. Definitely check it out and give it a try!
- Sephora Age Defy Eye Cream – This was a small foil packet but just like every eye cream, a little goes a long way! I only used about half of it and then the rest dried out. Basically it was an eye cream though. I wasn’t able to use it long enough to really determine if I would purchase a full-size or not. It helped to keep my eye area moisturized though so that was good!
February Samples Not Used:
- First Aid Beauty Smooth Shave Cream – This is a larger travel size item. This might actually take me a few months to use up.
- Miracle of Aloe Miracle Hand Repair Cream – This is currently in my purse being worked on and is almost gone! Should be gone by the end of March!
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More – I don’t know what to do with this sample. I absolutely hate the smell of it and it makes me not want to use it. The sad thing is that I know i have at least one or two more sample sizes of this product. I might need to give it to my sister.
- Origins Clear Improvement Mask – I used this mask once during February and I really liked it from that one use. I don’t do masks that often so this will probably take me 1-2 more months to get through but I will still be using it!
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Moisturizer – I am using this one for my moisturizer right now and dang it is taking forever to get through. I am getting close to the end of it though!
- Marcelle New-Age Precision 8-in-1 Power Serum – I haven’t even touched this one yet . 😐
- B&BW Coconut Lime Verbena Body Lotion – This shouldn’t take me long to get through. I just need to use it.
- Anna Naturals Glowing Mama Scrub – I can’t decide if I want to use this for my face or body yet so I haven’t touched it. It will be used up in March though!
- Eslor Firming Collagen Daycream – I will be going to this one after my Juice Beauty sample is done!
- Avon Advance Techniques Damage Repair Leave-In Treatment – I haven’t even touched this one yet but it will be used up in March.
- Kerastase Ciment Thermique – Haven’t touched these two packets either but they will be used up in March too!
So I only got through 9 samples. This task was a little more daunting than I thought it would be. I am going to take March to try and use up the majority of these samples remaining and the next time I pick my samples in April I will need to be mindful of what I am choosing so that they can be finished within one month. Some samples like face products or deluxe size samples of other certain products take a lot longer to get through than say a lotion foil packet so those might need to be used for project pan instead.
Overall, I honestly really enjoyed starting this. It is fun for me to try out new products and to get them out of my drawers! Even though I have a ton more to get through this will be a fun challenge this year!