As part of my home de-cluttering process I am going to start two different projects: Project Samples and Project Pan. As of the beginning of February I am trying to not purchase any products that I already have even if it is a different brand than what I normally use. I love to try out new products and different brands so I think this will be a good way for me to set goals on trying out these products, using them up, and getting them out of my drawers. Along with using up the products, I am going to keep note of what I like/dislike about the products so that I can share my thoughts and reviews with you at the end of the month when I do an update post.
Project Sample: I am going pick out 20 different samples each month and set a goal of trying to use them up within that month. 20 samples may seem like a lot but they are a mixture of smaller samples and deluxe samples so I think that this is definitely achievable.
Here are the first 20 samples that I will be using up in February:
- First Aid Beauty Smooth Shave Cream – 2.0 fl oz.
Alessandro Pedix Feet Heel Rescue Balm – 1.01 fl oz.
- Miracle of Aloe Miracle Hand Repair Cream – 1 oz.
Amika Sea Buckthorn Berry Nourishing Hair Mask – .7 fl oz.
- Dr. Brandt Pores No More – .25 fl oz.
- Origins Clear Improvement Mask – .24 fl oz.
- Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Moisturizer – .26 fl oz.
- Marcelle New-Age Precision 8-in-1 Power Serum – .24 fl oz.
- B&BW Coconut Lime Verbena Body Lotion – 1 oz.
- Anna Naturals Glowing Mama Scrub – .5 fl oz.
- Eslor Firming Collagen Daycream – .34 oz.
Caswell-Massey Almond & Aloe Hand & Body Emulsion – .17 fl oz, Jergens Daily Moisture Moisturizer – .25 fl oz Eucerin Everyday Protection Body Lotion – .14 fl oz. No. 7 Protect & Perfect Advanced Serum – .1 fl oz. Argan Oil from Morocco Intense Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment – 1.75 oz. Sephora Age Defy Eye Cream – .06 fl oz.
- Avon Advance Techniques Damage Repair Leave-In Treatment – .16 fl oz.
- Kerastase Ciment Thermique – .68 fl oz.
Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer (3 Days Process) – .84 fl oz.
Project Pan: I am going to pick out 10 larger products (full-size or deluxe) that I know I won’t be able to finish within a month and I will try to finish them up within two months. I have a lot of full-size products that are also just lying around or hanging out in drawers and cabinets that I would like to get through and minimize.
Here are the first 10 products (+1 more product) that I will be using up in February & March:
Victoria’s Secret Dream Angel Forever Perfume – .25 fl oz left
- Ole Henrikson Truth Serum Collagen Booster – .5 fl oz.
- Dove Advanced Care Deodorant – Half stick left
- Ahava Purifying Mud Mask – .9 fl oz.
- Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer – .5 fl oz. left
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream – .4 fl oz. left
- Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner – 4.5 fl oz. left
Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub – 2 to 3 oz. left Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo & Conditioner – 4.0 fl oz. each
- B&BW Aromatherapy Stress Relief Smoothing Body Scrub – 8 fl oz. left
- The Body Shop Coconut Body Milk – I want to use up at least half of the bottle in 2 months
This seems like a crazy amount of products to get through in 1-2 months but I am definitely down for the challenge and can’t wait for my bathroom/beauty room to be de-cluttered! Have you ever done something like this before? Let me know if you have or if you decide you want to join in!