I’ve recently talked about how I’ve been a bad blogger lately, here, and now I am going to talk about the steps I am going to take to become a better blogger.
- Comment on at least 8 different blogs a day. – This will probably be a struggle at first but I really hope to get into doing this.
- Stick to a posting schedule. – I’ve tried creating a schedule based on what topics I will talk about when and it didn’t work for me. I felt like it was too structured and there were many days when I just didn’t want to write about that topic. So out the door that strategy went. I think for right now I am going to just try to post 3-4 times a week about whatever I want.
- Respond to all comments and e-mails in a timely manner. I am pretty good at this for the most part but I do have my days where I get lazy.
- Discover one new blog a week and introduce myself to that blogger.
- Create content that people actually want to read. I’m sure we all have those days where we just want to blab about nothing or go off on a rant. I just seem to have them more often than most.
- Get to know my readers and connect with them. I want to know who you are. I want you to comment on posts, e-mail me, tweet me, message me…anything to let me know that you are a reader so I can get to know you.
- Sponsor other blogs. I was doing this for awhile, but then I just kind of stopped. I love the idea of sponsoring other blogs. It’s creates community and being able to support another blogger is a great thing.
- Get a better blog design. I know that my page can be rough to look at. I totally get it. Sometimes I don’t even want to write because I feel like the design I’m using is a turn-off to readers. I am currently looking at different designers and debating on how much I want to spend. If you have any suggestions for WordPress designers let me know!
- Promote other bloggers and blog post. I simply want to share posts or bloggers that I am loving! People need to know! Something that goes hand-in-hand with this is getting better at using social media.
- Lastly, I just want to show people that I am real. I don’t put on a show. I have real life struggles and I have moments that are just absolutely perfect. I want you to know me.
So, it might take me a little bit to get fully back into the swing of things, but hold on tight. We should be in for a good ride.